Sunday, June 24, 2012

Osmond Concert

Boy, did this bring back some sweet, wonderful memories!  I've been an Osmond fan since I was knee-high-to-a-grasshopper, so it was a thrill to me to be able to attend this year's Utah concert in West Jordan, Utah, at the West Jordan Arena.


Alan's sons, Osmonds 2nd Generation, opened the concert... and Alan even came out to join them for a few songs!  What a treat!


The picture's blurry, but Merrill was this close to me when he came out into the audience!  (Too bad Jay went down the other isle... he's my favorite! ha!)


Ah, Jay.... :)


"... it's got to be rock and roll music, if you wanna dance with me..."  Jay's drum solo was FABULOUS!  He's still got it!


At the end of the show, Jay, Jimmy, Merrill, Virl, Tom, and the 2nd Generation came onstage and performed together, "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother."  What a treat!  When they got done and left the stage, Tom came back out and worked the audience.  "One more song!  One more song!"  He got the guys to come back out (some of them were already changing clothes, ha!) and sing another song.


After the show, I got to talk to Tom.  He has the mostly bubbly, friendly personality of anyone I've ever met!  I told him I'd gotten my first Book of Mormon from them in 1975 and joined the Church in 1976... and I thanked him for that.  He hugged my neck and posed for a picture.  Such a sweetheart!  That just made my night!

Thank you, Osmond family, for giving me so much joy throughout my life, and for giving me the gift of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!  I'll love you all forever.

Life is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment